Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bombay Briefing- Week 3

Greetings Friends and Neighbors,

The fun continues, we're making progress, painfully slow , but we may be in our apartment by the end of the week. Hopefully, they are signing the lease any time now in Mike's office, and I can meet the realtor later this afternoon to get the key. Mike is trying to get his boss to get the furniture delivered asap, tomorrow or Fri. If we can get the fridge up and running by the weekend, Mike and I can to that first grocery store run this weekend. I think it'll take both of us that first time. We did a little scouting last weekend and had a hard time identifying things. Found the Tide detergent and toilet paper, but the yogurt was harder to identify and coffee was nowhere to be found, except instant. The eggs aren't refrigerated, which makes me nervous, but have had that issue in other countries too, so I wasn't that shocked, just nervous. We love a challenge.

As soon as we get the key, I'll go buy dishes, sheets, etc. Have already done some looking, so think I can breeze through the Shoppers' Stop and make selections pretty quickly and have it all delivered. I still have 2 weeks before I go home, so hopefully I can get the pantry and fridge stocked and Mike situated and functional before I leave. Yikes.

That's about it for now. This hotel living is getting old. I'm ready to have something to do. I haven't ventured out on the streets much. Mike's driver will pick me up anytime and take me wherever, but the traffic is so overwhelming, it's just not worth it until I really have something I need to do. Once we get in the apartment, it'll be easier. The shops in that neighborhood are within walking distance and streets aren't as congested. It'll be fine. Later, Nancy

No comments: