Friday, March 28, 2008

Bombay Briefing

Nancy Obert is our roving KBB employee. She follows her husband as he gets transferred around the world and makes sure that he has at least the basic requirements for staying alive before ditching him and coming back home to her books.

Her latest adventure takes her to Bombay and she's keeping us posted about her progress.


Here I am. Arrived safely and have made it through the worst of the jet lag. Having trouble sending e-mails from the hotel, but I finally called in the hotel "geek Squad" and the 12-year-old they sent up has fixed things, I think. Let me know if you don't get this. We thought we had an apartment lined up and went shopping Sun. for appliances and furniture. But now it looks like the landlord isn't that interested in renting the apartment after all, so I'm going out with a realtor this afternoon. Taking my security blanket along (wife of the head of the office) to help me with language problems and to generally keep me company. She's a total sweetheart and hasn't gotten tired of my needy self yet. But I'm sure she will.

Otherwise, things here are just as I remembered: dirty, congested, but exotic and so interesting. The people are so nice and helpful, the food is great, and the weather has been perfect, unusually cool. Miss ya'll.

There's a bookstore in the neighborhood we're looking for an apartment, but I didn't see a "Help Wanted" sign, so I'll get back to Katy as soon as possible. I'll keep you posted. Later, Nancy

No comments: